Location: Home Working – Requires Travel
To support the HVS Director in ensuring large high rise and/or complex projects, including HVS projects are effectively and efficiently risk managed, ensuring adequate resource and planning are in place.
To provide support and engage in the commercial development of their territory, working with other departments to maximise opportunity to meet and exceed growth budgets.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
Experience / Skills
- Qualified Surveyor / Engineer (MRICS, MBEng, MIStructE, or similar) and relevant post qualification experience.
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations (including guidance in the Approved Documents), MDIS Technical Standards and other relevant construction standards including British Standards/Codes of Practise and relevant European Technical Standards.
- Technical and / or warranty experience in high rise construction techniques.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects
- Management skills in coordinating internal and external resource in apply our risk management process.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- In depth working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel and ability to use company intranet system (including all bespoke packages).
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Experience of Relationship Management.
- Excellent Communications skills.
- Flexible in personal approach
- Full UK Driving Licence