Building Control Manager
Canterbury, Kent, South East
To support our Board of Directors in a managerial capacity and accomplish company aims and objectives by managing their ever-expanding workforce, whilst planning and evaluating their efficient and effective quality assured Corporate Approved Inspector service.
Managers principal duties and responsibilities
- Review the company’s business aims and objectives and establish strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operational information. Identify and evaluate any trends and choosing a course of action, while evaluating the outcomes objectively.
- Manage office budgets in line with the company financial strategy by forecasting requirements and preparing annual budgets. Evaluation of expenditures and analysing variances, while initiating corrective actions at quarterly budget monitoring meetings.
- To develop business opportunities and market the services offered by the company by enforcing quality and customer service standards, whilst analysing and resolving quality and customer service problems, identifying trends and recommending system improvements to exceed our clients expectations.
- To give support and supervision to all employees to ensure we retain and recruit the necessary skill sets in terms of knowledge, expertise and experience. Interviewing and selecting, orienting, training and guidance to employees within your remit to maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment while developing personal growth opportunities.
- Communicating job expectations and assist with performance appraisals by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results and disciplining employees if necessary, with the focus being on developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Maintain a positive team environment to promote the overall interests of the company and assist with the smooth operation of the office.
- Analysis the workload within the office and contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Attendance at Board meetings as necessary and conduct monthly office meetings.
- To communicate effectively whether verbally, in writing or electronically and oversee the office administration operations.
- To comply with those functions outlined within the companies Quality Management Systems in terms of quality policies and procedures, Building Control Performance Standards, CICAIR code of conduct and terms and conditions.
- To undertake other duties, within the competence of the post holder, as may be reasonably required from time to time by the Board of Directors.
- To be fully conversant with all relevant legislation, while maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending CPD events/workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional institutes.
- Ensure records and filing are maintained to ensure the company’s Quality Procedures, service levels and contractual requirements are being met.
Manager Skills and Qualifications
Quality and performance management, project management, coaching and training, supervision, results driven, developing budgets and standards, teamwork, handles pressure positively, giving constructive feedback.
To hold full membership of RICS, CABE or equivalent (or qualified by suitable experience).
Note: this does not constitute a job specification and accordingly does not purport to represent an exhaustive list of all duties. It is intended to indicate the main areas of activity and that the managerial position may also be required to carry out similar tasks as directed by their Director.
For more information and to apply please click the APPLY NOW button on this page