Apprentice Building Control Surveyor
Full time (37)
Location: Milton Keynes
Subject to satisfactory progression the salary will increase to £37,937 for year 2 and £42,400 for years 3 and 4. On satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship the apprentice will move in to a Building Control Surveyor post with a salary range of £44,632 to £49,298 (subject to any cost of living increases).
Are you a high calibre A-level leaver (or equivalent) or graduate with an interest in construction and the built environment, or a construction professional looking for a new challenge?
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to become a fully qualified Chartered Building Control Surveyor and we’d love to hear from you.
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council
You will bring customer focus, commitment, hard work, dedication and the ability to work as part of a team. We will give you access to a wealth of experience across a broad spectrum of work in a rapidly developing new town; a fully funded Building Control Surveyor Degree from the University of Wolverhampton and paid time off for studying along with the employee benefits offered by Milton Keynes Council.
Progression will lead to involvement with the following activities
Experience, skills & qualifications required
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
• Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
• A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
• Option to buy more annual leave
• A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
• Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
• Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
• Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
• MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
You will find more information on LABC building control apprenticeships and the work of a building control surveyor here https://www.labc.co.uk/professionals/building-control-apprenticeships
Closing date for applications is Thursday 11th July 2019.
Interviews will be held between 16th and 19th July 2019.
To apply for the role visit http://bit.do/milton-keynes-apprentice-building-control-surveyor
Successful candidates will need to be available to commence employment mid-September 2019
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.