As a Risk Management Surveyor / Building Inspector you will be required to provide site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of registered construction sites.
You will work closely with builders and developers to ensure the construction or conversion of buildings is in accordance with our technical standards and Building Regulations. This role is home based and requires travel, so an attractive car allowance is provided as well as a regional allowance for London and South East England (if applicable). We also provide a range of impressive company benefits following successful probationary sign off.
- Effectively self manage and forward planning of own workload
- Provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site
- Recording inspection details and communicating to customers
- Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters to ensure that standards are being maintained
Experience / Skills
- Part / Full member of professional: TechRICS /ACIOB / CABE / LICWCI or similar
- Relevant Building Control, plan check, site inspection and / or Warranty experience
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards
- Basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause / effect of building defects