As a Major Project Surveyor you will be required to provide site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of large and higher risk registered construction sites and other complex schemes.
You will be responsible for assisting the Major Projects National Surveying Manager in effective and efficient management of these sites and also risk managing the full range of projects being constructed and /or converted. Working closely with builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with our Technical Standards and Building Regulations. This role is home based and requires travel, so an attractive car allowance is provided as well as a regional allowance for London and South East England (if applicable) along with a range of impressive company benefits following successful probationary sign off.
- Reviewing 7+ storey projects in conjunction with the Project Management team to assisting in decision making and utilising specialist contractors for particular areas of risk
- Undertaking referrals to specialist contractors and managing the flow of information between parties
- Provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site
- Carry out Initial Site Risk Assessments for projects and communicating internally and externally to ensure appropriate levels of information and risk management are achieved
Experience / Skills
- Full member of professional organisations: MRICS / MCIOB / MCABE / MICWCI or similar (minimum grades accepted)
- Relevant Building Control, plan check, site inspection and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards
- Good understanding of general insurance principals and terminology
- A demonstrable understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims