Stroma Building Control is a market leading Approved Inspector, offering a professional Building Control service as an alternative to Local Authority Building Control. As one of the largest UK CICAIR Approved
Inspectors, we hold an excellent reputation through our consistent, personable and proactive approach. We’re proud to offer a wealth of experience and expertise to support our clients in achieving compliance with the Building Regulations.
Stroma Building Control is rapidly expanding throughout the UK in a network of offices and we’re looking to recruit new Building Control professionals to our team.
Whether you’re an experienced surveyor, or new to the industry, we have a number of exciting opportunities to join the UK’S leading multidisciplinary compliance practice.
Stroma’s in-house training and development, including the Stroma Building Control Training Academy, ensures all Surveyors maintain a high level of continued professional development and supports you in achieving and maintaining CABE accreditation.
About the Role
To provide a customer focused building control plan checking and site inspection service to help ensure projects meet the Building Regulations and associated guidance.
- Maintain a portfolio of projects and clients whilst efficiently prioritising own workload.
- Assess and set fees.
- Foster sound working relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
- Vet applicable documents and drawings to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations, associated statutory legislation and guidance.
- Carry out site inspections, prepare site visit reports and witness tests.
- Attend client and design team meetings to give professional building control advice.
- Ensure close communication with line manager to ensure commercial and technical requirements of projects are met and immediately advising of difficulties or uncertainties.
- Consult with the fire authorities and other statutory bodies as necessary.
- Ensure DMS records are maintained to ensure the Company�s Quality Procedures, service levels and contractual requirements are being met.
- Contribute positively to the culture, vision and values, conduct and discipline of the Building Control Division and Stroma Group to encourage an enjoyable, productive and efficient working environment for all.
- Ensure health and safety site measures are adhered to including the use of all protective/safety equipment.
- Operate within company terms, conditions and procedures.
- To undertake other duties, within the competence of the post holder, as may be reasonably required from time to time.
- Corporate or Associate membership of RICS, CABE, CIOB or equivalent or working towards completing professional qualification.
- Conversant with relevant legislation, technical guidance and the Construction Industry Council Code of Conduct.
- Previous in-house or external building control experience.
- Current valid driving licence.
- Customer focussed.
- Good communicator and negotiator.
- Good organiser.
- IT literate.
- Problem solver.
- Works with Initiative and prioritising skills.