NHBC has an exciting opportunity for a NHBC Research Manager (House Building) to join our team in Milton Keynes (with some flexibility to also be home based). Working on a full time permanent basis the successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary of £47,500 - £56,000 per annum.
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK. Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK continues to see an increase in the number of new homes being built and the opportunities here are immense. Join us and we’ll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment.
About the NHBC Research Manager (House Building) role
You will be managing the research activity of the NHBC Foundation.
You will be working with the Head of Research & Innovation to develop a research strategy to meet the needs of NHBC and the house-building industry: identifying areas of research, and defining research briefs for new projects.
You will develop relationships with external research partners and work closely with them on the detail of individual research projects to ensure they deliver quality outputs; on time and on budget.
You will work closely with our publishing contractors, managing their activity to ensure accuracy and high presentation standards in published outputs.
You will promote the activity of the Foundation to a variety of audiences, including speaking at industry events and meetings. You will work closely with the Communications teams to prepare press releases and articles, etc.
You will be involved in developing and managing links with industry and academic partners and encourage support for our research activity.
Although this role is ideally to be based out of Milton Keynes, there will be some flexibility to also be home based for the right candidate.
About you and what you will offer as our NHBC Research Manager (House Building) – you will:
- Be educated to degree level with relevant experience.
- Be experienced in writing, editing and publishing reports, papers etc.
- Have a sound background and experience in building research or a keen interest in developing skills in this area.
- Be a self-starter with the knowledge, experience and authority to build credibility at a senior level both within NHBC and with external contacts.
- Have advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Have extensive experience in the design and presentation of information or a keen interest in developing skills is this area.
- Be a confident presenter or be keen to develop skills.
- Have an enquiring mind, good interpersonal skills and presence and a demonstrable ability to manage workload.
- Have good lateral thinking and problem solving skills and an eye for detail.
Salary / Benefits you’ll receive as our NHBC Research Manager (House Building):
- £47,500 to £56,000 (depending on experience).
- 10% bonus.
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Funded private medical insurance.
- Cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
If you think you have what it takes to join us as our NHBC Research Manager (House Building) click apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter. We value diversity, understand our inclusive culture helps our business maintain its competitive advantage and aim to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.